Intern - Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA
Game Analyst Intern
At Maxis, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're innovators and great storytellers. But it's not just about amazing your peers-it's about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks, collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can impact millions of players every day.
As a Game Analyst Intern on The Sims franchise, you'll work with massive volumes of player behavioral data and be responsible for delivering insights and developing models that meaningfully inform game design, feature prioritization, and product development.
You'll be working with a large but tight-knit studio of enthusiastic industry craftspeople from all walks of life. You'll also join a group of experienced analysts and data scientists as a member of the embedded-and-dedicated Studios Data & Insights (SDI) team.
We have an extremely unique player base, attracting a large, young, female-skewing audience. If you're excited about creating the best possible experience for these players, come join us!
• Support the Maxis Analytics team to understand and track key game performance metrics such as acquisition, engagement, retention and monetization.
• Support our data team's strategy of building and productionalizing data products that improve the player experience. This person will leverage their demonstrated experience building, validating and deploying predictive models and algorithms to address real world problems.
• Evaluate the impact/success of live service events, content updates and marketing campaigns. Establish benchmarks and provide projections during the planning phases; perform analysis to inform retrospectives; make recommendations for feature and content improvement.
• Through data analysis, proactively find new opportunities to improve the player experience, improve acquisition, and drive incremental revenue.
• Influence business decisions and product strategy through fact-based, data-driven insights and analysis; serve as a change agent in Maxis's transition to becoming a more data informed studio.
• B.S. or M.S. in Math, Statistics, Economics or Computer Science
• Preferred experience at a mobile / social games company or leading consumer web company
• Strong practical experience with SQL, and Python and/or R
• Demonstrated excellence with data analysis; strong critical thinking skills
• Experience with predictive modeling
• Coursework in statistics beyond the 101 level.
• Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
• Strong business & creative capabilities
• Ability to work collaboratively; team player
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.