Intern - Software Engineer
FIFA Junior Project Manager - Internship
Electronic Arts Romania, one of the largest tech companies and video game developers in Romania, brings together experienced people from diverse work backgrounds and industries all united by a common passion: bringing the best video games in the world to life!
If your dream job is to work with cutting-edge technologies on some of the most popular video game franchises in the world, including EA SPORTS FIFA, then you've come to the right place. Prepare to level up your learning and career development together with some of the most experienced industry professionals in the gaming world: a diverse, creative and collaborative group of people united by a shared vision of excellence.
A Junior Project Manager Intern in the FIFA development team supports the delivery of a game mode on time and within budget. By working with your assigned mentor you'll learn how to monitor the project schedule and also how to manage a team to deliver to a high standard.
• You'll support managing a development team that generally consists of Software Engineers, Animators, Artists and Designers. You'll work with FIFA feature development teams and with several partners to lock down requirements and specifications.
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provides management escalation, make tradeoffs, balance the project needs versus technical constraints, and supports driving initial partner deployment.
• Identify task-related processes to improve efficiency.
• Focus on immediate team and identify team issues and suggests solutions related to execution goals.
• Provide regular status reporting and capacity plan updates.
• Track and implement agreed project improvement plans to improve team efficiency.
• Determine engagement processes: Ensure all workflow is clearly defined, processes are documented, and staff trained in expectations on the workflow.
• Potential to learn the project management principles by leading teams and understanding the leadership responsibilities.
• Current engagement in a form of formal education; You'll need to be enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a University in any related fields such as Computer Science, Business Administration or others at the moment of your application.
• Basic theoretical knowledge of product life cycle and program planning.
• Understanding of challenges and opportunities in working with broadly distributed teams.
• Potential for developing skills such as mediation and conflict resolution.
• Understanding of how to manage timelines and produce expected results within set deadlines.
• Receptiveness to feedback and ability to act on it.
We thought that you may want to know about:
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Work schedule: April – June – Part-time working hours (flexible and to be confirmed) and
July – September – Full-time working schedule
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.