Intern - Devops Software Engineer
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
DevOps Software Engineer Intern (Java)
Electronic Arts Romania, one of the largest tech companies and video game developers in Romania, brings together experienced people from diverse work backgrounds and industries all united by a common passion: bringing the best video games in the world to life!
If your dream job is to work with cutting-edge technologies on some of the most popular video game franchises in the world, including EA SPORTS FIFA, then you've come to the right place. Prepare to level up your learning and career development together with some of the most experienced industry professionals in the gaming world: a diverse, creative and collaborative group of people united by a shared vision of excellence.
Ever wondered how dozens of people work collaboratively and simultaneously to develop a complex game? In EA this is facilitated by us, the Development and Release Engineering (DRE) team. Our domain is at the intersection of DevOps, Release Management, Build Engineering, and Production Support. We run services that empower development teams around the world. We help EA to ship great games.
• Develop and operate Continuous Integration for games
• Expand the build and test automation with new projects or functionality including configuration of orchestration jobs, development of build scripts, installation procedures
• Provide troubleshooting support for automation breakages; critically assess the repetitive changes and suggest and implement ways of eliminating toil activities
• Monitor metrics to optimize the automation systems
• Help evolve our release pipeline, using concepts like Infrastructure as Code and Advanced Virtualization
• Interact and experiment with diverse technologies.
• Have exposure into multiple game projects simultaneously.
• Engage with game titles across a variety of platforms (PCs, consoles, mobile devices).
• Experience a distributed work environment.
• Inject fresh ideas and bring innovations in our tech stack.
• You will need to have basic knowledge of batch/shell scripting;
• Also OOP knowledge using programming languages like Java;
• It will be greatly appreciated if you already have broad base of general knowledge and interest on multiple disciplines within software development and practices
• Good verbal and written English
What tech are we using?
Although it is not required to have experience in all our tech, candidates often find it helpful to know what we are using. This is not an exhaustive list and this changes over time as we find better solutions.
• Windows 10, CentOS
• Jenkins CI
• Perforce, git, GitLab
• vSphere / VMware
• Groovy, Python, Java
• batch/shell scripting, PowerShell
• Chef, Ansible, Packer
• Elasticsearch, Kibana, Splunk, and SQL
• Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
We thought that you may want to know about:
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Working schedule (6 months):
July – September – Full-time working schedule
September - January - Part-time working schedule
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o1by-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.