Intern - Development Manager
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Development Manager Intern (Fall 2021)
Fall 2021: Development Manager Intern
Must be available for a full-time, paid, virtual internship between September and December 2021**
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. We create connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, PGA TOUR® golf, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about us, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
Role Overview: As a Development Manager (DM) intern, you will ensure the delivery of a game feature on time and within budget, oversee the project schedule, and support the team's administrative needs.
• Support our development team which generally consists of Software Engineers, Animators, Artists, and Designers
• Be the ultimate contact, working across feature development teams to help identify specifications and cross-pod requirements
• Work with decision makers to provide project prioritization, make tradeoffs, balance our needs versus technical constraints, and improve initial partner deployments
• Identify task-related processes to improve project efficiency, anticipate bottlenecks, and provide management escalation
• Focus on immediate team and identifies team issues and suggests solutions related to execution goals
• Ensure each projects setup meets the specifications with Studio and provide regular status reporting and capacity plan updates
• Ensure all workflow is clearly defined, processes are documented, and staff trained in expectations on the workflow
• You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Master's program and slated to graduate in December 2021 or beyond
• You must be legally authorized to work in the US on a full time basis during the 12-week internship. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
• You have experience in a software development environment, Project Management, or Project Lead experience
• You have a working knowledge of production life cycle, project processes, and project planning
• You have a basic understanding of a Scrum / Agile software development environment
• You are proficient in Microsoft Suite, Perforce, and Visio (JIRA or Hansoft is a plus)
• You enjoy collaborating across teams and communicating your vision
• You have a desire to build, see results, learn, and iterate in an evolving environment
• You have demonstrated conflict resolution skills and are considerate of multiple perspectives
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj8zkb-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.