Intern - Design
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Design Intern (Fall 2021)
Intern: Game Designer (Fall 2021)
Must be available for a full-time, paid, virtual internship between September and December 2021**
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling video game franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. We create connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, PGA TOUR® golf, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about us, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
Role Overview: As a Game Designer Intern, you will help inform game content. This includes maintaining and balancing the core and meta-game while creating, prototyping and implementing gameplay features.
• Support the game vision as set by the Creative Director and Product Owner
• Maintain all design aspects of a game-as-service through duration of your internship
• Create engaging designs and prototypes while maintaining our high standard of quality
• Balance game with consideration to fun gameplay, player acquisition, monetization and engagement
• Retain original IP's core brand values and game experience in the service consistently
• Inspire our game team through progressive, creative design and clearly communicate out to team members
• Provide and receive critique in a constructive manner with suggestions and solutions for improvement.
• Remain current on industry trends including: new game genres, new game design methods and latest platforms
• You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's program and are slated to graduate after December 2021 and beyond
• You must be legally authorized to work in the US on a full time basis during the 12-week internship. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
• You have an enthusiasm and basic knowledge of video games, gameplay theories, and interface design ability
• You are familiar with Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator and Microsoft Office/Google Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Vizio)
• You have some experience conceptualizing, creating, and implementing game concepts using different tools and technology (Unity, Unreal, C++, C#, Java)
• You are creative and present clear thoughts on your visions and ideas across teams
• You know how to oversee a project from start to finish; capturing and communicating on detailed design documentation
• You are energetic and motivated about overcoming challenges and solving problems
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3k344-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.