Concept Artist Intern
Electronic Arts is looking for students to join our world-class internship experience. Summer 2024 will be better than ever as we bring all interns together on-site for orientation week and prep students for the future ways of work by offering remote and hybrid opportunities depending on your location. For more information about our Next-Gen Program, visit https://www.ea.com/careers/interns-and-university-graduates
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when experienced people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create ground breaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We are looking for an awesome and creative Concept Artist to join a lean incubation team developing a brand new IP. You are passionate about game development and love to create high-quality, inspirational concept art pieces to support efforts across multiple disciplines. Reporting to our Art Director, you will work on a variety of subject matter, designing concepts across characters, environments, vehicles, or props.
Our art team cares about developing both high-quality art and a high-quality player experience. Your concept art will help to visually inform and influence the direction of the game, and inspire the entire development team. To facilitate this, our leads work with each team member to identify areas of strength, and areas of desired development, and whenever possible, assign tasks and projects which will inspire the team member to grow in skill, knowledge, and capability.
• Creation of thumbnails, loose sketches, finished and detailed pieces, and orthographic.
• You will manage your work from start to finish while collaborating with other artists, designers, and leads to ensure the work fits cohesively into the vision for art direction and player experience.
• What do we look for in Concept Artist candidates?
• You've Made Stuff You Are Proud Of - What we'd love to see in your portfolio is work that you designed yourself from start to finish with a variety of subject matter (characters, environments, props, etc.).
• Passion - We look for Concept Artists who are passionate. Our art team is constantly sharing knowledge and working to raise the quality bar.
• Potential Over Experience - Experience counts, but potential is important too. We look for people who enjoy hands-on artistry, but who also balance their drive with the understanding of what is highest priority for artists.
• A Spirit for Collaboration - The ability to accept feedback and critiques will help you tailor your work towards what's best for the game.
• Portfolio that demonstrates problem solving, concept production design thinking and the ability to translate and communicate ideas clearly.
• Understanding of proportion, scale, perspective, lighting, and color.
• Design and illustrate everything from characters to environments to mechanical designs and more.
• Understanding of 3D, experience creating designs to be translated into 3D.
• Mastery of relevant software packages, such as Photoshop, Painter, or similar software.
• Traditional and 3D art skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7okqk-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.