Combat Design Intern (Star Wars Jedi)
Combat Design Intern
Electronic Arts is looking for students to join our world-class internship experience. Summer 2024 will be better than ever as we bring all interns together on-site for orientation week and prep students for the future ways of work by offering remote and hybrid opportunities depending on your location. For more information about our Next-Gen Program, visit https://www.ea.com/careers/interns-and-university-graduates
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order, and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
• Collaborate with and take direction from the Design Director to take enemy designs and combat systems from concept to completion.
• Collaborate with art, code, audio, animation, visual effects to deliver enemies and combat systems that epitomize the creative vision of the game.
• Work within Unreal Engine to implement character animations, script behavior trees, special effects, and system tuning.
• Research subject matter relating to the design objective to ensure the authenticity of the experience.
• Ability to self-critique and accept outside critique. The more feedback you receive, the more you can tailor your work towards what is best for the team.~
• Experience designing and implementing heroes, enemies, bosses, or combat systems using visual scripting or text-based language.
• Experience with Unreal Engine is ideal.
• You must be comfortable with rapid prototyping to test the feasibility of concepts.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to systematically break down problems logically.
• A passion for first-person shooter games is a major plus.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed it.
You must be available for a full-time paid internship in the summer of 2024. We are only considering students who will be enrolled in an accredited degree program in the summer of 2024, slated to graduate no earlier than December 2024. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US on a full time basis during the 12-week internship. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $21 - $34
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $20 - $23
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $23 - $34
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $21 - $26
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $23 - $34
The hourly pay is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including 80 hours per year of sick time (prorated based on scheduled hours per week if less than full-time), 16 paid company holidays per year, medical insurance, and 401(k). Interns in California are also eligible for Voluntary Disability Insurance.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqe0zz-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.