Intern - Software Engineer
Business Intelligence Engineer Internship – Summer 2021 (US)
We are EA
EA is the world's largest video game publisher. EA is known around the world as the destination for digital entertainment. You are probably familiar with many of our titles-Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you do not know how we're committed to creating games for every platform-from social to mobile to console-to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
We are looking for a student that is passionate with numbers, data munging, data visualization and appetite to learn more about the analytics world. You will help the Analytical Solutions team in designing data-driven experiences that would allow EA partners to make informed decisions and help track process improvements across the organization.
During this program, you will work with of Data Engineers, Web designers and business analysts to help build scalable and interactive Enterprise Level BI Applications. In addition to working on impactful real-time projects you will expand your personal and professional network and build relations. This a virtual remote position.
Business Intelligence Engineer Internship
What will you do?
• Learn more about our games and how we work together to bring those experience in front of our players, and more importantly you will learn what is the role of analytics in that process.
• You will assemble data from multiple sources, clean it and prepare it for operational and exploratory analysis.
• You will need to transform complex information into a comprehensible and enlightening form tailored for the intended audience.
• You will work with Senior BI developers and data engineers to architect BI platforms that bring data on demand.
• Troubleshoot data, analyses, debug issues, propose solutions, and take ownership in next steps for their resolutions.
What we are looking for:
Background and technical skills:
• Pursuing undergraduate or advance degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering Sciences.
• Basic level understanding of relational database like SQL or Oracle programming.
• Exposure to data mining, data warehouse concepts data modeling, and data visualization.
• Analyze large sets of data and break it down to easily digestible chunks of insight that are understandable by end -Users.
• Experience with analytical tools like Excel (can perform complex functions) and PowerBI.
• Analytical and creative thinking skills.
• Work independently and team collaboration.
• Positive attitude and seeing challenges as opportunities
• Nice to have Tableau and Looker knowledge.
• Knowledge of open-source tools like R, Python would be a great plus.
• Passion in games and technology.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.