Animator Intern (Summer 2023)
Electronic Arts is the leading interactive entertainment company, powered by innovative technology. We create incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need creative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.
Electronic Arts is looking for high performing students to join our world-class internship experience. Summer 2023 will be better than ever as we bring all interns together on-site for orientation week and prep students for the future ways of work by offering remote and hybrid opportunities depending on your location. For more information about our Next-Gen Program, visit https://www.ea.com/careers/interns-and-university-graduates
A technical animator is a bridge between animation and tech, working with animators, programmers, and the technical animation team. Their main responsibilities can include character animation rigging, tools, workflows, data setup, and runtime behaviors. As a technical animation intern, you can be from an Art, Animation, Engineering or Computer Science background; however, you have a passion for and a comfort level working with both the artistic and technical side of problems. As a technical animation intern at EA Sports, you will work on a game team, supporting the technical needs of animation and character art within a production environment.
• Work with the Technical Animation team to support the needs of gameplay animation, cinematic animation, and character art
• Support cinematic scene setup, data management, integrations, and troubleshooting
• Cleaning motion capture data from a variety of sources and implementing that data into the game engine
• You are enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's program and are slated to graduate no earlier than December 2023.
• You have some experience working with a game engine (like Unity or Unreal)
• You have knowledge of animation packages, such as Maya and MotionBuilder
• You have some experience working with or creating basic rigged and deforming characters
• You have some scripting/programming experience a plus (in a language like Python)
• You have an understanding of the processes and challenges in the creation of animation content for games
Must be available for a full-time paid internship in the summer of 2023.
We are only considering students who will be enrolled in an accredited degree program in the summer of 2023, slated to graduate no earlier than December 2023. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis during the 12-week internship. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
'US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the hourly pay ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, degree type (e.g. Bachelor's, Master's, PhD), what stage you are in your degree journey (i.e. freshman, sophomore, etc.), qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $19 - $48
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $17 - $23
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $22 - $48
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $19 - $42
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $22 - $48
The hourly pay is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including 80 hours per year of sick time (prorated based on scheduled hours per week if less than full-time), 16 paid company holidays per year, medical insurance, and 401(k). Interns in California are also eligible for Voluntary Disability Insurance.'
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjp8x0-44-213-63-130-42 in your application.