Intern - Site Reliability Engineer
Ops Engineering Internship
Central Tech- Located in the Demonware office (Activision), Vancouver
Interns will be required to be onsite at the Demonware Vancouver office following the team's work schedule (hybrid, 3 days a week), a relocation package may be offered depending on eligibility.
Activision Central Tech provides software tools and build infrastructure technologies for several Activision studios, like Sledgehammer Games, Treyarch, and Infinity Ward for hit AAA franchises like Call of Duty.
The Vancouver studio is part of a broader team headed up from Los Angeles and is housed with Demonware. We are a technology company and dedicated to openness. This means collaborating to tackle problems, the freedom to talk to anyone, and the best idea wins. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much!
open to work terms of 8+ months. If you just graduated, we still want to hear from you!
• Learning to implement foundational infrastructure (DNS, identity/authentication, Artifact management,
• Designing and implementing tools and automations running on distributed systems
• Finding opportunities to automate time-consuming, manual work
• Performing root cause analyses and proposing and/or implementing engineering solutions to prevent or mitigate recurring incidents
• Participating in design and code reviews
• Excitement to learn about operations
• Debugging and analytical skills
• Strong communication
of technical concepts
• Linux fundamentals
• Familiarity with scripting
• Familiarity with source control (git preferred)
• Knowledge of networking technologies (e.g., TCP, UDP, DNS)
• Experience diving into code to understand how it's supposed to work -- and why it doesn't
• Experience with CI/CD pipelines
• Experience with Observability tools (Elasticsearch, Grafana, Splunk, etc.)
• Experience with identity and secrets management
How to Apply
Please apply on the Demonware website: submit your resume, cover letter and a copy of your most recent school transcripts. You will also have to complete a short assessment related to your knowledge of operations.
In your resume and cover letter, please list any additional experience you have. This could be a project you are working on with Linux at home, any programming-related hobbies and resulting projects, an interesting school assignment, or any
open source involvement. Please include any links to your code repository and/or blog.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications ? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
• Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
• 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
• Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
• Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
• If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.
The standard base pay range for this role is $45,202.50 - $95,655.00 CAD. These values reflect the expected annualized base pay range of new hires in British Columbia, Canada. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpo20o-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.