Intern - Software Development
Job Title:Software Development Intern
Big company challenges, small company culture
Demonware hosts millions of concurrently connected users. Technologies we use but not limited to are Python, Linux, MySQL, C++, and Erlang. We solve tough problems on a day to day basis, and interns have a big impact on what we do. We've had interns commit code and have it running in production within the first three days of joining.
We also like to have fun while we're working hard. We dress casually, we have flexible hours, and we have kickass coffee.
''We get to work with large distributed systems, debug them, and have to visualize them in our heads – things you wouldn't have exposure to or get to touch in any other workplace. The work is challenging, and you get to work alongside highly experienced people.''
- Tyler Dixon, intern, 16 months
• Helping game studios integrate multiplayer features into the next 'Call of Duty'
• Developing plugins and extending our automation framework
• Developing core features for our allocation and provisioning systems
• Evolving, scaling, productizing and supporting our Kubernetes platform
• Designing and implementing tools and automations running on distributed systems
• Deploying and maintaining multiple Kubernetes clusters across multiple DCs with hundreds of nodes
• Performing root cause analyses and proposing and/or implementing appropriate engineering solutions to prevent or mitigate recurring incidents.
• Participating in design and code reviews.
• Creating tools to automate all the things!
We're open to work terms of 4, 8, 12, or 16 months. Generally, the longer term (8 Month+) is preferred as you get more in-depth experience.
• Excellent programming skills
• A good grasp of fundamental algorithms and data structures
• Familiarity with Linux
• Familiarity with source control (git preferred)
• Excellent debugging and analytical skills
• Can identify complex problems and find simple solutions
• Can clearly communicate technical concepts in plain English
• Understanding of SQL−based databases (MySQL preferred)
• Knowledge of networking technologies, e.g. TCP, UDP
• Experience with multi−platform software development
• Experience with security and scalability
• Experience developing REST web services
• Experience with Kubernetes and golang
We're looking for the same qualities as Joel Spolsky: ''smart, and gets things done''. For that reason, we welcome your application even if your work experience is limited and you haven't yet built up a mile-long resume.
Please list any additional experience you have with Linux at home, any programming-related hobbies and resulting projects, any interesting school assignments you worked on, any open source involvement and a link to your code repository and/or blog.
As part of the application process, you will need to complete a Coding Challenge.
Once you have completed the test, your results will be reviewed by our hiring managers along with your resume/cover Letter/transcripts. Below you will find a link to the Codility site where the challenge is hosted. You will need uninterrupted time to complete the challenge. We recommend that you try the demo on the site before attempting the official test. Once you click on the actual test link below you will see welcome screen which contains an option to "Try demo" button.
You will need to complete the actual test in order for us to review your application.
• Complimentary breakfast, lunch, and drinks from a fully stocked kitchen
• City-center office location
• Relocation assistance
• Vacation allowance
• Competitive pay
• Free games
• Intern Team Events
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.