Concept Artist Co-Op
Remote / Virtual
Project Manager Internship
Demonware (Activision), Vancouver
Interns will be required to be onsite at the Demonware Vancouver office following the team's work schedule (hybrid, 3 days a week), a relocation package may be offered depending on eligibility.
Demonware is a member of the Activision family of studios. We work alongside engineers and creatives at our AAA partner studios and deliver the online and data services required by our franchises. We craft, develop, and host services for some of the world's biggest video game franchises, including Call of Duty and Crash Bandicoot.
We are a technology company and dedicated to openness. This means collaborating to tackle problems, the freedom to talk to anyone, and the best idea wins. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much!
open to work terms of 8 -12 months. If you just graduated, we still want to hear from you!
Big company challenges, small company culture
Demonware hosts millions of concurrently connected users. We solve tough problems on a day-to-day basis, and interns have a huge impact
on what we do.
• Facilitate weekly agile rituals for engineering teams
• Provide weekly report/update of data teams project activities to Central Tech executives
• Provide up-to-date information on data teams project activities in Jira and other project manager tools
• Monitor slack channels for customer requests
• Facilitate customers to engineers conversations if required/requested
• Facilitate engineers to engineers conversation if required/requested
• Participate in improving project management best practices within Demonware
• Dependency tracking across all studio ( Demonware ) projects
• Workload vs Capacity planning. Work priorities are ever changing and will require regular adjustments
• Support escalation from stakeholders when required
• Hands on assistance with resolving support request when possible
• Be able to handle all project management duties for all smaller scale projects
• Strong attention to detail
• Highly personable with an ability to work collaboratively with multiple teams across Demonware
• Excellent communication skills in English and great organizational skills
• Passionate about data and applying an analytical mindset
• A proactive attitude, an eagerness to learn
• The ability to work well, both autonomously, and as part of a larger team
• Prior experience with project management tools such as Jira
• Experience with agile and traditional software development methodologies
• Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL)
• Knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Spark
• Experience with Cloud Computing such as GCP
• Experience with networking technologies
• Complimentary breakfast, lunch, and drinks from a fully stocked kitchen
• BBQs and Lunch & Learns
• City-center office location
• Vacation allowance
• Competitive pay
• Free games
How to Apply
You can apply directly through your Coop office or directly apply at demonware.net
If you are not applying through your school program, please submit your resume, cover letter (optional but preferred) and a copy of your most recent school transcripts.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications ? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9nm8m-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.