IT Desktop Support Specialist
Software Engineer - Frostbite (Integration team)
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players' experiences first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and brilliant, passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to deliver new ways to play. EA is driving the next revolution in games. Join us!
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences.
What does a Software Engineer do on the Frostbite Integration team?
This person leads the team who helps the game studios upgrade to new versions of the Frostbite engine and to further EA's One Engine Strategy. You'll partner with other leaders in the integration team to drive improvements and share knowledge between the different global groups that we have.
The main responsibility is to work closely with game teams to upgrade to new releases of the Frostbite engine, which includes (but is not limited to) the following:
• Resolve issues during the upgrade process
• Refactor game code to use new Frostbite APIs / technologies
• Support and facilitate game teams in making best usage of Frostbite
• Collaborate with Frostbite in developing and customizing the engine to better meet the needs of game teams
• Managing upgrade projects / ensuring smooth delivery of engine to game team
• Providing direction to game teams with regards to new engine changes, and how they can reduce the cost of upgrading
• Identifying upgrade tool and process opportunities and proposing solutions
To succeed in this role, we believe that you have:
• Solid understanding of version control concepts and good practices
• 6+ years of experience with C++
• Creative Problem Solving
• Experience of leading large software development projects
• Experience training and mentoring other software engineers
• Experience debugging large scale systems
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
It would also be nice if you have:
• Experience working with large scale game engines (Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, etc.) is preferred
• Experience with C# and Python
• Experience using Perforce
• Experience in working with distributed teams
• Experience in software development for Xbox 1 and PS4
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the ''work hard/play hard'' credo every day.
• How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming
• More job openings for the Frostbite team
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.