WYFF 4 is looking for a Multimedia Journalist that has the ability to generate story ideas, write to video, and do compelling live shots. We are seeking a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day. The Multimedia Journalist should be an accurate, ethical, compelling storyteller with a team attitude. The right candidate loves telling stories and delivering them LIVE to the viewers. This person will produce content on-air, on-line, and for our mobile devices. We are looking for someone who can shoot and edit video and has a passion for journalism and bringing the viewer the ''big story''.
• Gather information for stories and live reports for newscasts that could include mornings, nights and weekends. Variable shift possible.
• Put together high quality packages.
• Coverage of breaking news and sports
• Develop sources and generate story ideas
• Shoot live shots and live Interviews
• Shoot and track news stories
• Work with reporters on packages, special reports and documentaries
• At least one year television news reporting, photography and editing
• Breaking news/sports reporter
• Creative writer and packager
• Military multimedia experience will be considered
• Works quickly and efficiently
• Good personality. Must connect with viewers
• Must enjoy being part of a team.
• Excellent writing and packaging skills
• Must be able to provide samples of reporting and photography.
• Ability to develop contacts and generate stories.
• Ability to shoot and edit high quality video
• Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field.
• Military multimedia training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) will be considered with appropriate experience
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site