WYFF 4 is looking for a Multimedia Journalist that has the ability to generate story ideas, write to video, and do compelling live shots. We are seeking a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day. The Multimedia Journalist should be an accurate, ethical, compelling storyteller with a team attitude. The right candidate loves telling stories and delivering them LIVE to the viewers. This person will produce content on-air, on-line, and for our mobile devices. We are looking for someone who can shoot and edit video and has a passion for journalism and bringing the viewer the ''big story''.
• Gather information for stories and live reports for newscasts that could include mornings, nights and weekends. Variable shift possible.
• Put together high quality packages.
• Coverage of breaking news and sports
• Develop sources and generate story ideas
• Shoot live shots and live Interviews
• Shoot and track news stories
• Work with reporters on packages, special reports and documentaries
• At least one year television news reporting, photography and editing
• Breaking news/sports reporter
• Creative writer and packager
• Military multimedia experience will be considered
• Works quickly and efficiently
• Good personality. Must connect with viewers
• Must enjoy being part of a team.
• Excellent writing and packaging skills
• Must be able to provide samples of reporting and photography.
• Ability to develop contacts and generate stories.
• Ability to shoot and edit high quality video
• Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field.
• Military multimedia training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) will be considered with appropriate experience
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.