At EA we are a community of artists, storytellers, technologists and innovators working in one of the most dynamic industries today. We are transforming for a digital future and work as one team. We take risks and we dream big. And together, we are changing the way millions play every day.
Marketing Director for Brand Products will work closely with the Head of Brand Transformation EA headquarters, Redwood City, San Francisco. They will be responsible for the marketing strategy of EA branded products, services and initiatives. They will set the vision for marketing in partnership with the EA brand strategy lead and organize cross-functional teams across the network to deliver integrated marketing solutions. As such, they will be digitally savvy, have experience leading complex projects. And they will be able to organize people against clearly defined commercial problems. They will write business cases, work with agencies, and present to senior stakeholders, flexing the altitude of their presentation according to the need.
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on leader who is flexible and can roll with the punches, bringing a sense of humor to the challenges they face. They will make relationships quickly and sensitively manage the intentions of the team through the business. They will be fast to read a room and steer a meeting towards a productive outcome. They will creatively find short-cuts, open doors and protect the integrity of the brand as they go. To do this, they will embody the phrase ''Strong opinions lightly held''.
They will also be understanding that we are a small nimble team, hoping to grow but currently small and therefore without a lot of support. No task is beneath any of us as we get the brand transformation off the ground.
• 10+ years as a marketing manager/ director for a tech or entertainment brand or similar experience as an account director at a Creative Ad Agency with tech/ entertainment client experience
• A detailed and organized creatively driven business problem solver - someone who can get into the weeds when necessary, extract themselves easily, and know the difference!
• Strong organizational thinker - able to move people, egos and mountains to get things done
• Proven experience working with C-suite stakeholders in a business
• Self-driven leader modeling self-motivated behaviors and accountability
• Able to lead an agency engagement and to ensure work is delivered on time
• Able to lead an internal creative process and align PMs with production to ensure work is delivered on time
• Able to establish governance and ways of working from scratch working across legal, compliance, finance and marketing
• An almost yogic ability to manage up, down, sideways and diagonally! Flexing between managing those not on the team and giving direction to our own cross-functional people
• Must be able to keep focus on multiple tasks and effectively set priorities among projects
• Strong communication skills - again ''strong opinions, lightly held'' brought to life with excellent story telling
Day to day responsibilities
• Oversees entire team workings to deliver marketing for branded products and marries commercial to marketing ROMI
• Runs marketing for EA branded product, services and initiatives to ensure the work keeps moving and on track (these currently include: EAX, our rebrand roll out into our products, services and experiences and our Community Health brand initiative)
• Manages the BT senior manager activation lead to move obstacles out of their way
• Drives the processes to ensure we stay organized
- stand ups, work flows, slack groups, tools etc.
• Creates key processes, documents and communications from the brand transformation team to the rest of the organization - some regular, some ad hoc
• Sees around corners to predict where follow-through on brand initiatives may not happen and continue to drive people forwards (both with soft-skills and hard skills)
• Creates and manages the schedule from kick-off to production hand-off (when relevant)
• Ensures project stays on time and consistently hits key milestones
• Updates Head of Brand Transformation regularly on the status of all projects
• Organizes regular review sessions with key stakeholders
• Works with the rest of the business to ensure resource allocated against brand projects is manageable and realistic
• Partners with the head of brand transformation to manage the annual budget & contingencies