Coordinator, International Originals, Latin America
Miami, FL US
The Talent Relations Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the overall expansion of new and developing on-air talent across Telemundo's media properties. The ideal candidate works directly with talent and within a team environment.
• Coordinate talent-related activities which include, but are not limited to, Telemundo O&O and Affiliate stations promotional appearances and third-party engagements (i.e., invitations to media industry events).
• Coordinate all internal talent requests.
• Work closely with the Cross Promotion and In-Show Promotions team booking talent for daily shows and specials and in some instances fill in and lead efforts as needed.
• Coordinate meetings production/creative teams, talent activation, promotional campaigns, public relations, marketing and research to have a better outcome and organize resources to promote Network shows and on-air talent.
• Coordinates request of Telemundo properties and/or On-Air Talent within daily shows, local stations and digital.
• Arrange non-profit public appearances for talent to increase brand and talent awareness and to promote Telemundo's goodwill and corporate citizenship through civic responsibility.
• Provide support to the Talent Relations team in developing the strategic plan for attracting and developing talent to the Network and Studios.
• Maintain and develop positive relationships with talent, producers, representatives, agents, managers, production staffs, media, and programming executives to ensure maximum brand awareness
• Work closely with manager updating calendar and companywide efforts.
• Work on Award shows (i.e., Latin Billboards, Latin American Music Awards, and third-party specials, etc.).
• Work closely with On-Air Talent and coordinate with shows, to organize interviews, social media activations, and travel.
• Work closely with show producers to assist and/or coordinate all travel, transportation need associated with in-show promotional requests.
• Coordinate or request per diem payments for talent/guest as necessary, in partnership with departments such as Finance, Payroll or HR.
• Serves as an on-site concierge for assigned On-Air talent.
• Assist Manager on Network Specials, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Works under the direct supervision of the Manager, Talent Relations and Strategy and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 2-3 years of experience with a celebrity or on-air talent and/or talent-related events
• Fluent in English and Spanish, both verbal and written, required
• Willingness to travel, both domestic and international travel, with short notice and on weekends
• Willingness to work flexible hours including late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States and travel abroad
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Experience in entertainment industry
• Familiarity with US Hispanic media
• Self-starter and able to work in an extremely fast paced and high volume environment
• Exhibit strong interpersonal, writing, pitching, and presentation skills
• Experience pitching, booking and covering national and local media interviews
• Have consumer and sports press contacts
• Able to work both independently and with a team
• Able to juggle and meet numerous deadlines and identify press opportunities
• Proactive, master multi-tasker, creative and strategic thinking plus strong external and team communication skills
• Proven skills in launching shows, crisis management and interfacing with all levels of executives, talent and media
• Superior organization and innovative thinking
• Flexible work schedule with some late nights and weekend work requited to cover tapings, shoots and events and frequent travel