Position at Industrial Light & Magic
ILM opened its Sydney studio in the July 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s five studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking a VFX Editor to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Update sequences with new dailies from CG artists and outsource vendors.
• Communicate with client editorial: track all stages of the client cuts, internal cuts and iterations.
• Request scans from the client editorial and/or scan facility.
• Maintain internal editorial database.
• Provide abbreviated cuts for all client reviews.
• Identify selects of material captured internally.
• Work with the VFX and/or Animation Supervisor, present creative edits to the client when required.
• Output sequence movie files, AIFF audio files, and EDLs for CG as specified by production.
• Provide visual reference for production, stage, art department, client, etc.
• Output JPEG shot frames to Production for storyboarding and Production database use.
• Shows wrap-up including finals reel, layoff of movie files, consolidating media
• Drive production of internal and external marketing reels .
• Works with an assistant, mentoring and delegating.
• Film tasks: print handling, pull and prep wedges and conform workprint reels if required.
• Performs special projects under the supervision of the Senior Editor, production manager or department manager.
Key Peers or Relationships
Co-editors, assistant editors, Resource Assistant, VFX Supervisor, Production team, Animation Supervisor
Education / Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Film or related field desired, or equivalent experience.
Required Skills / Competencies
• Previous experience with Avid Media Composer.
• Proven VFX editorial experience.
• Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while working under tight schedules.
• Strong team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Extensive knowledge and comprehension of codecs, transcoding and QT formats.
• Extensive experience with shot tracking databases (i.e.: Filemaker, Shotgun).
• Knowledge of traditional film/print/negative.
Preferred Skills / Competencies
• Experience with ingesting performance capture a plus.
• Apple ActionScript experience a plus.
• Command-line environments (ie: Linux) a plus.
• 3D Stereo experience a plus.
• Knowledge/maintaining unity management a plus.
• Previous experience in post-production film (e.g., film handling, coding,logging).
• Previous experience in post-production HD tape acquisitions (e.g., timecode, logging, capturing).
Proficient with Mac OS
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site