Senior Concept Artist
Redwood City, CA US
At Electronic Arts we put our players first, and we're looking for the most talented and creative game developers to help create amazing experiences for our players. Come join our exciting team as we redefine mobile development at EA. Rapid iteration, collaboration, and the gameplay are how we drive innovation and deliver a top 10 grossing mobile title.
Our team is excited to provide awesome player experiences by pushing the envelope of what has been done at EA Mobile. Come and see for yourself!
We're seeking an Associate Art Director with a proven track record in mobile and expertise in fast-paced game development to join our small team of talented developers located in Redwood Shores. Leading our Art team and collaborating across all disciplines you'll establish the Art production pipelines, define an on-brand style guide, manage to outsource partnerships and drive the graphical fidelity of deliverables. This is an opportunity to become a principal leader on a new, exciting project in the early stages of development.
• Development and well-being of the art team.
• Drive the whimsical and playful art vision from concept to delivery, using a data-driven approach.
• Creation, maintenance, and enforcement of the style guide and other high-level documentation.
• Creation of all art and animation pipelines and processes and subsequent onboarding and training.
• Guarantee fidelity, delivery, and accuracy of all assets.
• Training of leads in execution against style guide and monitoring of pipelines and processes.
• Implement development best practices with the Development Director.
• Lead with a bias to action, providing accomplishment through the completion of deliverables.
• Experience establishing art vision for previous projects.
• Highly skilled 2D and/or 3D artist with a minimum of 5 years' experience in game development.
• Significant experience using Maya/Max, Photoshop and Z-brush.
• Self-motivated, with a good work ethic and a great team-player attitude.
• Experienced in leading teams of artists – must have a good eye for detail and be able to give constructive feedback.
• Ability to meet deadlines under tight schedules, a willingness to receive direction and a desire to work closely within a team.
• Highly organized and possess good verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven problem-solving and prototyping ability.
• A strong understanding of anatomy, mechanical structure, and architecture.
• A keen eye for light, color, shape, and silhouette, and a knowledge of how to use them.
• Excellent skills at identifying existing visual styles, and the ability to utilize them.
• Experience developing games for the mobile market.
• Ability to adapt and be effective in a highly dynamic and agile environment.
• Familiarity with developing games off of strong existing IPs.
• Previous experience with Unreal Engine 4 is a plus.
• Previous experience providing feedback and direction to outsourced artists is a plus.