Production Manager, Health & Safety
Vancouver, BC CA
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The CG Talent Manager is responsible for managing up to 100 CG artists across a portfolio of disciplines, including career development, performance management and resource scheduling. ILM is looking for an exceptionally talented, committed and seasoned Talent Manager with a passion for delivering unparalleled client service.
• Manages a portfolio of artists, and as needed, provides support / back-up for other CG Talent Managers;
• Develops and maintains current and future resource need models as required based on input from show project teams and other sources;
• Communicates pro-actively with show project leaders and creative supervision regarding overall project requirements, crewing needs (start / end dates) and project milestones, anticipating and flagging challenges as required;
• Maintains overview of crew utilization using proprietary resource management system;
• Facilitates continuous feedback cycle through project mid- and post-mortems, end-of-show and annual performance review processes; gives timely, actionable and constructive feedback as needed to help CG artists grow and improve to meet specific objectives or long-term career goals;
• Collaborates with Recruitment function to define and meet current and future talent acquisition goals;
• Collaborates with Human Resources function to establish and maintain competitive employee engagement strategy (compensation, terms of employment)
• Represents and nourishes studio culture through thoughtful, transparent and focussed leadership.
Reports to the Executive in Charge (Vancouver Studio).
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Film Production, HR, or Communications
• Minimum of five years’ experience in an artist management / resource management function in post-production visual effects, animation or gaming
• Understanding of CG terminology, and a thorough understanding of the processes and disciplines involved in CG post-production
• Demonstrates awareness of up- and downstream needs of stakeholders, including Production, CG Artists, and support teams (Recruitment, HR)
• Focus on strategic approach with the ability to address unexpected challenges in stride; calm, “can-do” attitude with an emphasis on collaborative communication.
• Anticipates risks / challenges and pro-actively develops alternatives with key stakeholders
• Proven analytical skills, effective scheduling and time management abilities
• Excellent administrative, organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with a diverse range of personality types, perspectives and talents
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time, indefinite position offering three weeks’ paid vacation, health and dental benefits including MSP, life insurance, short- and long-term disability coverage, and contributory RRSP participation after a qualifying period. Our studio offers a free on-site fitness centre. Expected salary range is :$72,000 - $118,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site