Video Editor, The Drew Barrymore Show
New York, NY US
Media Manager (Contract)
We are seeking a self-starter who anticipates and executes the media management needs of CBSN, CBS's 24 hour live streaming digital network. The Video Media Manager is responsible for overseeing and ensuring the successful technical delivery of inbound media and programming as it pertains to our live shows, pre-tapes, original packages, live reporter hits, live remotes, and special events.
• Ensure that video assets are recorded, distributed and played out as planned.
• Route and monitor programming sources to appropriate channels
• Communicate clearly with Streaming producers to ensure that plans are understood and executed successfully.
• Verify that the ENPS Master rundown accurately reflects producers' editorial rundowns and programming plans; adjust Master rundown when needed; generate and execute playlists in our automated rundown/playout system, Crispin.
• Troubleshoot and work with engineers and producers to resolve technical and/or workflow issues; report maintenance and QC issues and ideate potential improvements for the overall process.
• Coordinate ingest of live feeds, and transfer of media, into CBSN's Avid ISIS server.
• Maintain working knowledge of master control, ingest, media management and LTO archiving operations.
• Work both independently and as a team member with a high degree of professionalism.
• Embrace a quick-changing, high pressure breaking news environment with proficiency in both judging and responding to competing priorities.
• Help test new infrastructure and technologies that impact our workflow and end-user experience.
• Seek constructive solutions and liaise between the editorial and technical teams across different verticals.
• Maintain a healthy and robust Avid ISIS media server.
• Stay on top of archiving our daily shows and 'Originals' documentaries.
• Stay up-to-date with new technologies as it pertains to media management, ingest, master control and archiving.
• Stay abreast of the current landscape of digital news and video content for the Web.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• A minimum of 3-5 years experience in a live news environment, dealing with intense deadline pressures and continually reacting to breaking news.
• Deep knowledge of Avid systems, including Avid ISIS , Avid Airspeed, Avid Command, Avid Media Composer, Avid Interplay, Avid Media Central and Avid MAM.
• Solid experience with digital video capture technologies such as Avid Mojo DX, Kona AJA cards, Blackmagic Design routers.
• Proficiency with AP's ENPS and Avid iNews.
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills and must be able to communicate clearly and professionally.
• The ability to work flexible hours, including overnights, holidays and weekends.
You might also have -
• Expertise in Avid Media Composer/Newscutter and Avid Interplay.
• Strong knowledge of LTO archiving and best practices.
• Proficiency with Crispin playout server
• Solid experience with Quality Control in relation to audio and video for our live stream output.
CBS Interactive utilizes Workforce Logiq as a third party management solution for its contractor workforce. Selected applicants for this contractor opportunity will be employed by Workforce Logiq, not CBS Interactive. Workforce Logiq is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Workforce Logiq complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.