Paid Social Specialist
London, EN GB
We are looking for a Digital & Social Marketing Manager to join a team of digital and social experts, focused on leading, developing and implementing regional and UK marketing strategies and campaigns for an individual Media Networks genre [General Entertainment, Factual or Kids] across key platforms, with the aim to build communities and engagement, and drive awareness and tune-in to our key monetised platforms. This opportunity is a fixed term contract covering a maternity leave based in Hammersmith, London.
Building audiences and hands-on community management [UK] are key elements of this role. This role will also lead the briefing of digital content both Regionally and for the UK, with responsibility for using it effectively to generate results via effective planning and management of content across key social and digital platforms [UK only].
This role has both regional and UK responsibilities, and will require strong leadership, strategic and creative capabilities, great communication skills [including the ability to write great editorial], building of and maintaining relationships, to achieve business objectives.
• Lead, develop and ensure execution of the Regional and UK social strategies to increase reach and drive engagement on owned and earned platforms [including but not limited to YT, Facebook, Instagram and other audience relevant or new social platforms] with the aim to drive to our key monetised platform
• Overall responsibility for key UK platforms [platforms will depend on audience & genre]
• Create and maintain direct relationships with platforms to ensure TWDC are leading the way with innovation, spearheading trials and keep up- to-date with all new developments in the social space as well being able to optimise always-on spend to drive engagement, reach or/and fan growth where and when relevant driving amplification of bought media campaigns
• Contribute within the wider TWDC editorial team sharing strategy, insights, editorial & content where appropriate so that Network platforms connect to the broader company editorial strategy
• Influencer collaborations and special projects: review and create potential collaboration with influencers and agencies to amplify social platforms awareness and engagement, advise on influencer choices for bought marketing campaigns. Ensure PCAs are created, shared and learnings implemented in future activations
Content Production, Distribution, Always On Support
• Develop effective regional and UK content plans and calendars, and evaluate content requirements to ensure appropriate content volumes, windowing and placement
• Oversee the creation, implementation and optimization of Regional and UK market digital content, not limited to, but with a focus on YouTube, Instagram and Facebook
• Work with Marketing, Programming and Creative Services to identify and align on key priorities, content themes and trends, to influence content planning and creative production across local markets
• Work alongside the Media Planning team to ensure we are strategically driving to key content on our core digital and social platforms and then back to our key monetised platforms
• Plan and phase assets roll out across all earned and owned platforms
• Strategically allocate and manage always-on monthly budget allocation based on priorities to deliver KPI's and support priorities
• Ensure effective and efficient budget management including ensuring all payments to external vendors are managed appropriately
Reporting and Analysis
• Monitor and report on the performance of digital content and campaigns, providing insights, context and recommendations to optimise further content planning and creation to achieve KPIs
• Ensure the broader teams have the knowledge to be able to understand digital reports
• Share knowledge and guidance to help further develop the digital expertise of the broader team
• Manage relationships with key internal stakeholders, local media and digital agencies
• Lead, mentor & inspire members of the digital team to ensure team is delivering to expectations
Skills and Experience
• Proven Digital and Social Platform Marketing experience at a Marketing Manager level
• Ability to formulate, manage and deliver successful digital marketing strategies and campaigns
• Experience of working with Content Management Systems, Photoshop and video conversion software [desired not required]
• Experience with high quality asset creation
• Formal digital project management related education is desirable
• Previous commercial experience and budget management
• Experience of multi-stakeholder management and people management required
• Exceptional leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
• Solid Strategic Digital Marketing Capabilities and Implementation Skills
• Excellent Understanding and Knowledge of Digital and Social Platforms
• Solid knowledge of Adobe creative suite, analytical software (such as Google Analytics & Omniture), Microsoft Office, and CMS [desired not required].
• Ability to manage workloads and Inspire team
• Result rather than process driven
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.