Editorial Producer, CBS This Morning
New York, NY
Broadcast Associate- Evening News (NY)
The CBS Evening News is a Broadcast Associate, NYC based:
The CBS Evening News Broadcast Associate is an entry-level position which supports all members of the broadcast. The ideal candidate is a team player with exceptional organizational skills, is detail-oriented, and has the ability to both multi-task and keep a calm head under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
• General news desk duties (answer telephones, screen viewer mail/email, receive and distribute mail for entire staff, various administrative assignments).
• Assist producers in various capacities (transcribe tape, retrieve archive tape, research stories).
• Set up logistics for Zoom interviews and log interviews for producers.
• Prepare (''break'') scripts nightly for the Director in the Control Room.
• Attend twice daily rundown meetings (morning and afternoon) . Pitch future stories at morning staff meeting.
• Prepare nightly opposition log (detailing content of CBS broadcast which is later inputted into larger log detailing competitor's broadcasts).
• Complete daily ''Rights Manager'' file which details all outside footage/photos used in prior night's broadcast.
• Assist Producers in all bureaus as needed (feeding tape, etc.)
-- Internship or comparable experience working on a news broadcast.
-- College degree desired.
-- Able to work under pressure and under strict deadlines.
-- Strong communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
-- Able to work occasional weekends.
Original reporting and trusted news with content and perspective found nowhere else.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site