Editorial Producer, CBS This Morning
New York, NY
Broadcast Associate- Evening News (NY)
The CBS Evening News is a Broadcast Associate, NYC based:
The CBS Evening News Broadcast Associate is an entry-level position which supports all members of the broadcast. The ideal candidate is a team player with exceptional organizational skills, is detail-oriented, and has the ability to both multi-task and keep a calm head under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
• General news desk duties (answer telephones, screen viewer mail/email, receive and distribute mail for entire staff, various administrative assignments).
• Assist producers in various capacities (transcribe tape, retrieve archive tape, research stories).
• Set up logistics for Zoom interviews and log interviews for producers.
• Prepare (''break'') scripts nightly for the Director in the Control Room.
• Attend twice daily rundown meetings (morning and afternoon) . Pitch future stories at morning staff meeting.
• Prepare nightly opposition log (detailing content of CBS broadcast which is later inputted into larger log detailing competitor's broadcasts).
• Complete daily ''Rights Manager'' file which details all outside footage/photos used in prior night's broadcast.
• Assist Producers in all bureaus as needed (feeding tape, etc.)
-- Internship or comparable experience working on a news broadcast.
-- College degree desired.
-- Able to work under pressure and under strict deadlines.
-- Strong communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
-- Able to work occasional weekends.
Original reporting and trusted news with content and perspective found nowhere else.