Director, Respawn Community Management
Los Angeles, CA US
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
As a Community Manager, you will build and execute community building and social media engagement strategies for Santa Monica Studio and our respective IP. From a grass-roots community mindset to the most creative of social media ideas, you will actively engage, run, and continue to evolve the community.
• Collaborate with the Studio Marketing Producer on the overall digital and community social strategy for the studio. Be directly responsible for executing associated tactics to drive the strategy. This includes content and curation for our official studio website and social channels.
• Strategize on social media tactics that connect fans with the game and craft engaging and informative content to cultivate the community, ensuring tactical execution and communications stay aligned with the development process and vision of our games.
• Partner with internal global PlayStation teams including Marketing, Public Relations, International Stakeholders, Customer Support, PlayStation Social, Retail, and CRM to align strategy and effort.
• Represent our studio as a primary community voice on the respective forums and channels. Engage and interact with fans to maintain an organic line of communication with our fans.
• Develop weekly and/or monthly community reports for our studio including overall community sentiment, engagement measurement for tactics, and other community highlights showcasing our studio or IP.
• Provide recommendations to development and marketing teams based on community sentiment and feedback via collaboration internally.
• Identify, cultivate, and engage advocates including passionate influencers that can help amplify our core reach.
• Proficient in current social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) and third party social tools for content management, listening, and analytics, such as: Spredfast, Hootsuite, Buffer, SocialBakers, Radian6, Sprinklr, etc.
• Knowledge of HTML and web content management systems
• Strong social networks/community knowledge
• Can handle responsibility, meet deadlines, and exhibit composure under pressure
• Proven ability to partner optimally with cross-functional disciplines
• Ability to work independently
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Comfortable working in graphic and video design software, such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, etc., in order to create and publish art assets
• Passion for games, digital, internet, social and interactive entertainment
• A highly creative mind!
• Minimum 5-8 years of experience in community management and/or communications
• Developed and led the community strategy of a AAA console or PC title through launch or similar experience
• Knowledgeable of our core IP and action-adventure/3rd person game genre
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of autonomy and opportunities for growth.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. We genuinely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in Santa Monica Studio.