Home to exceptional artists and technologists, Method Studios, a Deluxe company, is an award-winning global content company working with top creators on movies, TV/streaming, advertising, marketing and interactive experiences. Its network of integrated facilities provides a full range of services including concepts, design, pre-vis, look development, on-set supervision, 3D animation/CGI, motion graphics, compositing, and finishing; and through Method EXP, AR/VR/MR experiences and technology.
Method's unique approach combining traditional filmmaking techniques with the most sophisticated digital technologies has helped build the company's reputation for offering smart, cutting-edge solutions and above all, well-crafted work, for two decades.
Method Studios is looking for an experienced 2D Software Engineer to join our amazing team. Reporting to the Pipeline Manager, the Software Developer will join the Software department and help shape the evolution of Visual Effects technologies.
In this role, you will:
• Design, develop, test, document and maintain production software in a collaborative environment
• Develop quality, reusable code
• Offer support to users facing issues with developed applications
• Collaborate with the Software department and stakeholders to help architect solutions that improve user experience
• Participate in the continuous improvement of the development process and champion best practices
Requirements and Competencies:
• Computer Science Degree, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
• Extensive experience programming in Python
• Experience with Linux including shell scripting
• Experience with at least one desktop UI toolkit such as Qt
• Experience with relational database management systems
• An approachable, proactive and accommodating attitude
• An excellent team spirit and warm personality
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience with statically typed programming languages, such as C++ or Java
• Experience with distributed systems and service oriented architectures (asset)
• Interest in modern development practices such as Agile, CI, TDD and DDD (asset)