Executive News Producer
Green Bay, WI
WLUK-TV, Green Bay, is seeking a
Sports Director to lead our department. Successful candidate will lead a department of sports journalists committed to covering the hard news of sports. The Sports Director is responsible for Leading and Organize a department that produces both long form and daily sports content focusing on NFL, College, High School and Outdoor/Lifestyle sports.
• Organize and lead Sports Department. Gather sports information and report, write and edit content for all platforms. Assign other sports journalists and organize their work for proper & efficient function of Sports Department.
• Cover Green Bay Packers
• Ability to Travel to sporting events outside of the Green Bay DMA
• Ability to produce sports stories and special programs both live and pre-recorded for broadcast and digital platforms
• Report and write sports stories
• Ability to edit video images
• Education: 4 Year College Degree – Journalism preferred
• Prior work experience: 2 years previous television sports anchoring/reporting experience
• Skills: Newsroom Computer Systems
• Office Computer Systems
Technical Knowledge of:
• ENG Cameras and Recorders
• Video Image Editing systems
• Digital CMS platforms
• Detail Oriented
• Ability to ad-lib
• Strong Writing and Communications skills
• Command of English Language and Grammar
• Strong knowledge of all sports and a view of how they relate to life in northeast Wisconsin
• Ability to Manage and Lead Sports Department
• Work Independently or as a team
• Needs the physical strength and endurance involved with transporting video camera and equipment.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site