Green Bay, WI
WLUK-TV, Green Bay, is seeking a
Sports Director to lead our department. Successful candidate will lead a department of sports journalists committed to covering the hard news of sports. The Sports Director is responsible for Leading and Organize a department that produces both long form and daily sports content focusing on NFL, College, High School and Outdoor/Lifestyle sports.
• Organize and lead Sports Department. Gather sports information and report, write and edit content for all platforms. Assign other sports journalists and organize their work for proper & efficient function of Sports Department.
• Cover Green Bay Packers
• Ability to Travel to sporting events outside of the Green Bay DMA
• Ability to produce sports stories and special programs both live and pre-recorded for broadcast and digital platforms
• Report and write sports stories
• Ability to edit video images
• Education: 4 Year College Degree – Journalism preferred
• Prior work experience: 2 years previous television sports anchoring/reporting experience
• Skills: Newsroom Computer Systems
• Office Computer Systems
Technical Knowledge of:
• ENG Cameras and Recorders
• Video Image Editing systems
• Digital CMS platforms
• Detail Oriented
• Ability to ad-lib
• Strong Writing and Communications skills
• Command of English Language and Grammar
• Strong knowledge of all sports and a view of how they relate to life in northeast Wisconsin
• Ability to Manage and Lead Sports Department
• Work Independently or as a team
• Needs the physical strength and endurance involved with transporting video camera and equipment.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnevkm-3-238-96-184-42 in your application.