Manager, Employee Relations
Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As a Principal, Insider Threat Engineer you will be in a highly technical role and an in-house subject matter expert who diligently assists with the improvement of information security across the organization by understanding the internal threats it faces. Their primary responsibilities are (but not limited to): Leading the effort of detecting hidden signs of internal threat, sensitive data theft, and sabotage while expertly balancing security with privacy. The analyst will be responsible for leveraging security related data from internal 'sensors' (e.g. SIEM, firewalls, IDS, routers, proxies, hosts etc.) and external sources (vendors, industry working groups, law enforcement etc.) to implement effective detections or mitigations, and reviewing appropriate data sources for indications of internal threat activity. This role reports into Global Information Security team and maintains strong relations with all Line of Business technology groups. This person will work closely with a number of key individuals and teams to investigate and forensically examine potentially impacted systems.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain an Insider Threat program to identify, assess, and respond to internal risks to employees, company systems, our players, and our intellectual property across Activision Blizzard globally.
• Conduct analysis of internal and external information sources to detect potential indications of insider threats.
• Develop strategies and coordinate responsibilities for internal investigations in concert with a multidisciplinary array of stakeholders.
• Perform detailed forensic analysis of assets, including logs, , hard drive images, etc. as required by Insider Threat investigations.
• Reconstruct events of an insider threat incident by creating a timeline via correlation of forensic data
• Identify and develop additional strategic and tactical resources that would more greatly support efforts to identify and mitigate potential insider threats
• Conduct root cause analysis to identify gaps and recommendations ultimately remediating risks
• Communicate effectively with representatives of the Lines of Business, technology specialists, and vendors.
• Some international travel required
• Demonstrated and continued involvement within cyber security-specific communities at any scale (e.g., groups, organizations, conferences) or equivalent activity that seeks to maintain small and large scale awareness of major security topics and events
• Demonstrated exceptional passion and drive for cyber security as evidenced by self-driven past accomplishments that had significant positive impact to shareholders or security community
• Strong host and network based forensics skills.
• Effective technical skills to understand the ramifications of various system security recommendations and decisions
• Experience conducting detailed log analysis and correlation
• Ability to combine data from multiple threats
• Excellent oral/written communication, problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve desired objectives and project results
• Ability to interface effectively and decisively with all levels of management, departments and outside vendors.
• Ability to identify both tactical and strategic solutions.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site