French GFX Editor
London, United Kingdom
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Assists in the set-up of projects and review sessions, and completes all editorial work as requested by a Lead or Co-Editor on the assigned show(s).
On any given day, your primary responsibilities and accountabilities will include:
• Maintains internal editorial database, updating frame ranges according to client updates.
• Outputs sequence movie files, AIFF audio files, and EDLs as specified by production.
• Provides visual reference for production, stage, client and CG artists.
• QC editorial client deliverables and prepares Avid media for upload.
• Imports consolidated media from client.
• Assists in show wrap-up including: layoff of movie files, finals reel, returning assets to client.
• Performs special projects under the supervision of Creative Director, Production Manager or Department Manager.
• Working with Production and TAs to process and organise I/O material from clients or external sources
Here are the skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
• Strong team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to multitask, and work gracefully under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Final Cut Pro and Premiere experience a plus.
• Experience with shot tracking databases (i.e.: Filemaker, Shotgun).
• Post-production film experience (e.g. film handling, coding, logging).
• Post-production HD tape acqusition (e.g. timecode, logging, capturing).
• Familiarity using Linux systems a plus.
• Some basic scripting experience a plus, especially in Python
• Knowledge of Avid Media Composer.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site