Moving Picture Company
Remote / Virtual
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Assists in the set-up of projects and review sessions, and completes all editorial work as requested by a Lead or Co-Editor on the assigned show(s).
On any given day, your primary responsibilities and accountabilities will include:
• Maintains internal editorial database, updating frame ranges according to client updates.
• Outputs sequence movie files, AIFF audio files, and EDLs as specified by production.
• Provides visual reference for production, stage, client and CG artists.
• QC editorial client deliverables and prepares Avid media for upload.
• Imports consolidated media from client.
• Assists in show wrap-up including: layoff of movie files, finals reel, returning assets to client.
• Performs special projects under the supervision of Creative Director, Production Manager or Department Manager.
• Working with Production and TAs to process and organise I/O material from clients or external sources
Here are the skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
• Strong team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to multitask, and work gracefully under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Final Cut Pro and Premiere experience a plus.
• Experience with shot tracking databases (i.e.: Filemaker, Shotgun).
• Post-production film experience (e.g. film handling, coding, logging).
• Post-production HD tape acqusition (e.g. timecode, logging, capturing).
• Familiarity using Linux systems a plus.
• Some basic scripting experience a plus, especially in Python
• Knowledge of Avid Media Composer.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.