Screen Credits Coordinator
Los Angeles, CA
Material Manager (Full-Time)
• Assist Director and Assoc. Director with prep and coordination pre-production and production elements for daily live newscasts.
• Coordinate and prepare edited video content for daily live newscasts.
• Track and update status of edited content for playback in daily live newscasts.
• Coordinate and communicate incoming feeds with Newscenter Ops. and field crews.
• Coordinate with News producers daily editing assignments in conjunction w/timeline for live feed ingest schedule.
• Provide desktop editing support (Adobe Premiere). Edit bumps and teases for News
• Communicate and update News feed schedules to writers and producers.
• Perform quality analysis (QA) of all News feed video and edited content prior to broadcast.
• Manage and update News video archive database. Facilitate video archive requests and searches for all station departments.
• Cross-training: Trained in required skill sets to capably fill in as a relief Associate Director to cover vacation days and sick calls.
• Track server playout status during live newscasts and coordinate News content archiving processes following daily newscasts.
• Generate a daily ''End of Shift Report'' (EOS) updating status of edited on content and Material Management facilities status.
• Provide Production Dept. with general and specific production assistance as required for all areas of News and Special Events production.
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Television Production, or equivalent related experience.
• Two or more years of experience working in live News production.
• Team player.
• Possess excellent organizational skills.
• Communicates and engages with co-workers in a positive and productive manner.
• Precise time management and ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines.
• Demonstrates composure and timely decision-making in a dynamic work environment.
• Current on fundamental News pre-produced content workflow and technologies.
• Demonstrates intellect and ability to learn, adapt and train others on new production technologies.
• Creative and innovative thinking in all aspects of production responsibilities.
• Possess working knowledge of production operating systems including ENPS, Bit Central, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Ross Xpression and equivalent production and operating systems. Proficient in Microsoft Office/Outlook/Teams.
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.