If you're passionate about stand-up comedy, documentaries or reality TV this may be your new dream job! We're looking for someone who has 3 years of professional experience in documentaries or unscripted content working in either production, post production or production legal. Our credits team is highly collaborative, we strive for innovative credit solutions and are looking for someone who is not afraid to try new ideas. The ability to read and understand contracts is a big plus. Basic understanding of the various Guild and Union credit requirements for non-fiction content is also a great advantage. Most importantly we're looking for a strong Netflix culture fit.
Some of the job responsibilities include:
• Develop, innovate and implement credits workflow with our non-fiction teams for cross functional alignment.
• Oversee the internal credit review and approval process for Documentary films and series, Stand-up Comedy, Sketch Comedy, and other non-fiction content.
• Collaborate with production/post, outside counsel, and various internal stakeholders during production and post regarding all aspects of screen credits including legal and guild compliance and talent concerns.
• Coordinate guild/union credit determinations, waivers and approvals as necessary.
• Track heavy volume of projects and ensure credits are delivered and approved within tight deadlines.
• Educate and advise cross-functional partners on credits deal terms, precedents, best practices and guild/union requirements/restrictions.
The successful candidate will also possess the following skills:
• Clear and concise communication - Are you the friend who coordinates and disseminates plans with the focus of an air traffic controller?
• Keen attention to detail and good judgment - You love to dig into the specifics of a project with the eagle eye of an auditor, but you know when to look at the big picture.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment - Are you the type of person who needs someone to micromanage each part of your day and tasks? Need not apply.
• Flexible, innovative, and solution-driven team player - Do you hate superfluous hierarchy and bureaucracy? Do you love to pitch in to brainstorm solutions when new challenges arise? Yes? Perfect.