Technical Level Designer
Santa Monica Studio
Los Angeles, CA
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
As part of the gameplay programming team, you'll get to work with the best programmers, designers and animators that bring our genre-defining combat to life. In this role, you'll get to have a hand in building player and enemy mechanics, weapons and combat specific systems that create our combat gameplay and best-in-class player feel. You're talented and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done. Sound interesting? Give us a shout!
• Design, implement, and maintain systems to support combat. The ideal candidate will be comfortable jumping into camera, weapon, projectile, or collision systems.
• Empower designers and animators to prototype, rapidly iterate and refine combat related work.
• Collaborate with designers and animators to realize cutting edge combat gameplay.
• Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code.
• Profile and optimize to remove bottlenecks.
• Test and document all produced code.
• Mentor and guide less experienced programmers as needed.
• Expertise in C/C++ developing gameplay systems and features.
• Minimum five years professional programming experience.
• Good understanding of game design, including what makes a game fun and interesting to play.
• Able to balance rapid iteration with long term vision and solid code architecture.
• Familiarity working in camera, state machines and animation systems.
• Knowledge of game physics including weapon and projectile collision resolution.
• Excellent spoken and written communication.
• Able and motivated to work with other team members.
• Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures.
• Shipped at least one title working on combat or gameplay systems.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of autonomy and opportunities for growth.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. We genuinely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in Santa Monica Studio.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site