Infrastructure Software Engineer - Madden
Will be responsible for feature development, bug fixing, as well as improving and maintaining existing code for the NBA Mobile.
• Develop, maintenance, and testing of C++ client and server side code running on multiple gaming platforms. May require development of Java server side code as well
• Implements, integrates and optimizes online systems, services and tools
• Interface between server engineers and UI engineers to develop features and services
• Develops presentation features such as in-game messages, in-game cameras, as well as particle effects and audio triggers
• Partner with internal departments and external vendors/hosting providers to manage server infrastructure
• Develop and maintain load/stress testing scripts and infrastructure
What skills does EA look for?
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent training and professional experience
• Proficiency with C++. Java experience is a plus
• Experience in object-oriented design and implementation
• Experience implementing a Live Service is preferred
• Experience with ecommerce systems is a plus
• Experience with load testing and stress testing
• Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices and development methodologies; specifically, Agile / Scrum
• Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code competently
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.