Line News Producer
New York, NY US
Launched in 2008, ''The Rachel Maddow Show'' follows the machinations of policy making in America, from local political activism to international diplomacy. Rachel Maddow looks past the distractions of political theater and stunts and focuses on the legislative proposals and policies that shape American life - as well as the people making and influencing those policies and their ultimate outcome, intended or otherwise.
Join the Maddow team as a senior producer and be responsible for creating, producing and supervising segments for The Rachel Maddow Show.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in the supervision of the editorial vision of each day, including suggesting stories and guests for the show
• Supervise and copy edit segment producers' scripts
• Coach and mentor show staff
• Write and produce segments on occasion
• Become involved in planning process
• Control room supervisor
• Manage staff vacation requests and calendar
• Hire and manage interns
• Work closely with producers on material for blog and TV show
• Bachelor's degree
• Must have at least 7 years of experience in live television (i.e. morning shows, cable shows, broadcast TV, etc).
• At least 3 years of control room experience preferred but not required
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research, and plan segments
• Strong writing skills
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television
• Knowledge of current events, politics and American history
• Strong time management skills
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site