Los Angeles, CA US
We are DICE Los Angeles
Our mission is to create world-class entertainment, and we work in a manner that is different from the industry. We believe that our games reflect the means by which they are produced. The ones that are crafted in an inspiring climate have qualities that resonate with gamers. At DICE LA, you will have a creative stake in everything you do. We have a studio culture where everyone is a game maker, no matter what they do. We also firmly believe that to achieve our best, one must have a balance between work and personal life.
We are looking for wildly creative applicants who have a real passion for games, great social and communication skills, and a positive, teammate mentality. We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career.
This is an Audio Artist position with the DICE Los Angeles Audio Team. Your primary focus will be to work as a Sound Designer, creating audio assets for in-game playback. You will work with a team of other Audio Artists in a collaborative and creative environment. Sound Design will be your focus, but you must also be comfortable with asset integration and the technical aspects of working in our 3D game editor FrostEd. You will report to the Senior Audio Director.
For this position, we are looking for a Mid to High-level Audio Artist. This is not an entry level position.
• At least two years' experience as a Sound Designer working in the Games or Film industries
• BA, Technical School Degree, or equivalent work experience in Sound Design or Recording Arts
• In-depth knowledge of audio theory and sound design practices; including knowledge of waveform editing, equalization, compression, mixing, and plug ins
• Proficiency with audio software DAW, such as Reaper, Nuendo, Pro Tools, Sound Forge, Vegas, Cubase, or Logic
• Proficiency with audio plug in software such as Waves, FabFilter, iZotope, or Soundtoys
• Experience or knowledge of audio game development tools, such as Wwise, FMOD, or other proprietary Editors
• Technical proficiency and knowledge or experience with any visual scripting program is a plus (such as Reaktor, Max, Pure Data, UDK)
• You are committed to growing within your craft, and improving your skill-set as a Sound Designer
• Help our Audio Team craft an outstanding Audio experience
• Be an essential sound design contributor within our Audio Team
• Use a DAW to edit, name and organize sound files (sound effects, speech, music)
• Work within the FrostED game editor to import, name, and organize audio assets
• Set up visual scripting logic to trigger assets in software
• Participate in location sound recording sessions: sound effects, foley, weapons, and ambience
• Test and Quality Control of in-game audio assets
• Must contribute to the mentoring of junior level Audio Team members
• Take direction from the Audio Director and Senior Sound Designer, and work as a positive and productive member of the Audio Team
The following are required as part of the application process:
• Sound Design Demo weblink ()