Shanghai, CN CN
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to provide outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences.
You will report to our Environment Domain Supervisor.
The EA Create Art team provides compelling visual experiences across multiple genres and art styles. Visual art and technical art unite to create incredible characters and the worlds they inhabit. The Art team encompasses animation, characters, lighting, rigging, technical art, visual effects and worlds.
OS Environment Lead responsibilities
• You will lead vendor artists and internal OS artists to support one or more projects including all of the following and other responsibilities assigned by the management team.
• You will prepare test packages based on project and art requirements
• You will review test results with AD and other leads
• You will manage interview process of vendor leads,
• You will need to provide consultation to the leadership team on vendor evaluation and selection.
• Work with project lead and Tech Artists to build vendor team workflow.
• Consolidate ramp-up package for vendors which includes visual targets, production guidelines, and training materials.
• Train vendor artists
• Ramp up vendor team on quality and workflow
• Help TechArtists to test vendor artists working environment.
• Help the vendor team to customize the project documentation, and validate the vendor documentation.
• Prepare the vendor production package including task brief, source file, and references.
• Reconcile task estimation with the vendor partner
• Help project managers to evaluate the delivery plan.
• Provide daily review and feedback to the vendor artists.
• Support AD on important milestone reviews.
• Provide and distribute feedback for internal and vendor backlog
• Oversee internal finishing; submit final content; and for integration.
• Participate in weekly art and tech meeting with the vendor team.
• Participate in the project art review meeting and submit the weekly OS art report.
• Help the vendor team in daily troubleshooting and escalate risks to team members.
• Participate in the OS postmortem survey and vendor postmortem meeting
• Help the leadership team to complete vendor postmortem reports and update any necessary documentation.
OS Environment Lead requirement:
• 5+ years of game production experience; console and PC game is preferable.
• 1+ years of experience leading a game art team or experience leading an OS team is preferable.
• Experience with the general art principles in Environment domain and a match for domain skill-set requirements.
• Relevant experience in creating art brief
• Familiarity with the reference collection
• Experience in breaking down high-level direction into action plans.
• Relevant experience in providing training, mentoring and feedback.
• Experience with mainstream AAA art content production workflow and standardization.
• Experience with the challenges in distributed development.
• Experience in improving workflow to enhance group productivity.
• Willing to jump into the unknown and solve new problems
• Experience in breaking down challenges and propose solutions.
• Experience in art production in multiple disciplines.