Sinclair Broadcast Group
Arlington, VA US
We are looking for a dynamic full-time Executive Producer for our Washington, D.C.-based national morning newscast. Our goal is to offer audiences on multiple platforms something different. The kind of coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives – but that they cannot find anywhere else.
The position requires strong skills in journalism and leadership. We are seeking a dynamic personality to lead our newscasts. Essential skills include the ability to build a team, share a vision, and execute a strategy.
The executive producer oversees the planning of our shows. We want a leader who can recruit, coach, and develop great talent.
A passion for winning newscasts is mandatory! Our candidate will be someone who embraces social media and knows how to consistently engage with the audience. Collaboration is a big part of this role. If you are ready to sail away from the Sea of Sameness, we want you to apply!
Essential Duties and Requirements include the following:
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
• Energy and positivity
• Ability to execute during breaking news events and add context
• Must be a team leader that works well with others
• A self-starter who can generate his or her own story ideas daily
• Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule is required
• Ability to create and execute systems
• Contribute story ideas to daily editorial meetings
• Conduct interviews when required via, phone, email, Skype, or other methods
• Participate in regular content planning meetings
• Post content on assigned digital platforms daily
• Provide regular feedback to newscast team
• Perform annual performance reviews
• Well versed in important national news
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• A minimum of three (3) years' experience managing a news team at a commercial news operation
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities
• Journalism degree preferred
• Must have Proficiency with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems such as iNews
When applying online, candidate must provide examples of newscast they have produced that show exceptional creativity. Please provide a link to your work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site