Sinclair Broadcast Group
We are looking for a dynamic full-time Executive Producer for our Washington, D.C.-based national morning newscast. Our goal is to offer audiences on multiple platforms something different. The kind of coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives – but that they cannot find anywhere else.
The position requires strong skills in journalism and leadership. We are seeking a dynamic personality to lead our newscasts. Essential skills include the ability to build a team, share a vision, and execute a strategy.
The executive producer oversees the planning of our shows. We want a leader who can recruit, coach, and develop great talent.
A passion for winning newscasts is mandatory! Our candidate will be someone who embraces social media and knows how to consistently engage with the audience. Collaboration is a big part of this role. If you are ready to sail away from the Sea of Sameness, we want you to apply!
Essential Duties and Requirements include the following:
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
• Energy and positivity
• Ability to execute during breaking news events and add context
• Must be a team leader that works well with others
• A self-starter who can generate his or her own story ideas daily
• Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule is required
• Ability to create and execute systems
• Contribute story ideas to daily editorial meetings
• Conduct interviews when required via, phone, email, Skype, or other methods
• Participate in regular content planning meetings
• Post content on assigned digital platforms daily
• Provide regular feedback to newscast team
• Perform annual performance reviews
• Well versed in important national news
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• A minimum of three (3) years' experience managing a news team at a commercial news operation
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities
• Journalism degree preferred
• Must have Proficiency with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems such as iNews
When applying online, candidate must provide examples of newscast they have produced that show exceptional creativity. Please provide a link to your work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!