Manager, Business Operations & Strategy
New York, NY US
We are seeking an exceptional Senior Product Manager to lead a team focused on building the platform that will power the next generation of media.
You will have the opportunity to work with world-renowned magazine brands, including Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Men's Health, ELLE, Oprah, Runner's World and Harpers BAZAAR, together with hundreds of brands and editorial teams who create content for hundreds of millions of monthly active users.
Ideal candidates possess big-picture vision yet the drive and attention to detail to make that vision a reality. You balance strategic thinking with outstanding execution – holding yourself and your team accountable for delivering successful outcomes.
You enjoy solving complex business problems at the core of the digital transformation of a world-leading media company. You are creative and capable of formulating bold product initiatives. You have the aptitude for identifying white space in the market, constructing means to validate your ideas and can articulate concepts to your team and stakeholders.
• Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to build momentum and alignment and shepherd product concepts through execution, validation, and adoption.
• Analyze, determine, and prioritize target customer, end-user, and internal stakeholder needs.
• Ensure appropriate customer research, usability testing, and rapid prototyping.
• Own overall metrics, including user engagement, customer acquisition, retention, and revenue.
• Steward outstanding design and world-class customer experience across all properties, coordinating closely with senior leadership.
• Define and communicate a product roadmap aligned with company objectives, and supported by business cases, market research, customer data, and competitive analysis.
• Document, validate, and prioritize product specifications within an Agile/SCRUM development environment.
• Lead build vs. buy evaluations for key integrations, ensuring we are investing prudently in core competencies and technologies.
Experience & Skills
• You are product obsessive, with 3-5 years in Digital/Mobile/Video product management, with expertise in managing consumer-facing products or digital media properties.
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent. An MBA or advanced degree preferred.
• You have a proven track record managing products in fast-paced, Agile environments. You have shipped successful products.
• You can multi-task and handle multiple deliverables and projects at once, sticking to deadlines.
• You are highly collaborative, with the ability to inspire others and push through barriers
• You are passionate about digital media, social media, advertising, and digital media trends
• Extensive cross-functional and executive-level stakeholder management.
• Leadership. You take responsibility from inception to outcomes. Determining needs, aligning priorities, deliver to the market, measure outcomes, and seeks to build upon success.
• Customer-focused. Deeply understands the market and find unmet needs. Loves to create and deliver outstanding products that delight customers, with a passion for constant innovation.
• Highly collaborative. You build trust and strong relationships at all levels, influence without formal authority, push back when appropriate, earn respect and respect the contributions of others.
• Excellent communicator. Articulates the product strategy and roadmap, structures the problem at hand, experienced and comfortable gaining alignment and in presenting to senior executives.
• Strategic thinker. Understands business objectives, and converts them into clear product plans, follows through.
• Analytic and results orientated. Uses hard data to assess opportunities, metrics-driven, ruthless in prioritization, overcomes obstacles to drive business outcomes.
• Driven and motivates others. Takes the initiative, sets the context, listens, and finds compromises, drives for clarity, relentless, hard-working, self-accountable.
• Understands technology and keeps current with the latest trends. Works with implementation teams to adapt to technical constraints without compromising end-user solutions.
• Comfortable with ambiguity and challenge. Thrives in a fast-paced environment, concurrently managing multiple initiatives.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site