Santa Monica Studio
Los Angeles, CA US
QA Senior Test Analyst (Contract)
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
We are looking for a QA Senior Test Analysts to assist in the development testing of our internal projects on the PS4 platform.
The QA Senior Test Analyst is responsible for supporting their Lead in the management of the daily operational and administrative needs of their assigned projects. The general purpose of this job is to provide a dedicated resource to assist the project QA Lead, equally distributing their time between serving as an understudy for project QA Lead redundancy and operating as the most experienced, cognitive focused and productive testers on the project. Attention to detail is a critical requirement of the role, as is a highly communicative, amicable, team focused and mature demeanor.
• Perform high-level/critical validation and exploratory test coverage using different testing techniques on assigned projects.
• Perform issue reporting, research, analysis, confirmation and support resolution on assigned projects.
• Perform a variety of QA related support tasks for the internal development team.
• Maintain a strong knowledge of the project design and scheduling changes to support QA test effectiveness, focus, and reporting.
• Assist in the management of project databases for assigned titles.
• Assist in the tasking and execution of all operational testing for assigned projects.
• Assist in the execution of project operational reporting and day to day communication.
• Assist in developing test plans and incorporate them into the software testing process.
• Assist in QA administrative and support requests.
• Assist in collaborative work across disciplines within the internal/external development team to help drive project to completion.
• Assist in diagnosing errors and breakdowns in development pipeline and perform technical support as needed.
• Provide operational QA Lead role redundancy for assigned project(s) as needed.
• Actively develop and improve skill set and abilities by keeping aware of QA industry trends and techniques.
• Minimum of 2 years in Tester Analyst or equivalent position and successfully shipped at least 2 global, large-scale titles on current generation PlayStation platform(s).
• Excellent gameplay skills.
• Excellent critical analysis skills.
• Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
• Experience with current generation PlayStation platforms and peripherals.
• Experience in quality assurance/control testing.
• Experience in foundation level testing techniques.
• Experience with DevSuite & JIRA database systems.
• Proficiency in test case design and traditional QA/QC methods.
• Successful completion, certification, and application of ISQTB® Foundation Level CTAL or equivalent preferred.
• Proficiency with Maya software and toolsets preferred.
• Proficiency with automation and advanced testing methods preferred.
• BS Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Communications, BA in Project Management, Business Intelligence, or QA related field preferred.
• Passion for video games.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of autonomy and opportunities for growth.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. We genuinely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in Santa Monica Studio.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site