Chief Of Staff
Philadelphia, PA US
We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world’s leading Music Company.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to provide support to the GM, UMG eCommerce and Label Services Strategy and team, located in Philadelphia, PA. The ideal candidate will come from Music or Entertainment and have previous experience supporting an EVP, President or other high-level executive. Experience supporting more than one senior executive is ideal, but not required. Must be very efficient and highly detail-oriented; multi-tasking and working on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment is crucial. No task is too small and no challenge too great. A “can-do” attitude.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Provide Executive assistant duties for GM and team:
• Assist the GM in research project
• Assist the GM in the coordination of special projects for clients, services and the team
• Assist the GM in the prioritization of working with the staff
• Keeping calendar, arrange meetings and conference calls via telephone and email
• Cover phone lines and manage/update calendars
• Coordinate and prioritize incoming verbal and email requests
• Book travel, accommodations, & car services
• Maintain a strong working knowledge of artist roster, employees, and important external contacts
• Work closely with other executive assistants and occasionally cover their phone lines
• Exercise discretion when patching calls, rolling calls, and interrupting meetings
• Proactively prepare the executives for meetings
• Greet meeting participants & arrange tours
• Order and set-up food service for meetings
• Promptly address any IT issues
• Process travel & entertainment expenses
• Create and send grammatically/punctually correct internal/external company communication
• Archive and organize emails by topic and keep apprised of ongoing deals
• Create and maintain presentations and other projects as assigned
• Order office supplies, make restaurant reservations, and approve expenses
• Generate weekly reports for team
Bring your VIBE:
• Minimum 3 years of experience supporting an EVP, President or other high-level executive with discretion and confidentiality.
• Experience supporting more than one senior executive is preferred.
• Music or entertainment experience is highly preferred.
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of our company at all levels including Senior Management
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of companies we do business with
• Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
• Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
• Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and able to multi-task
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Strong proficiency in and working knowledge of Outlook and other Microsoft Office Products
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
What’s in it For You?
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.