Manager, Social Influencer Partnerships
Redwood City, CA
EA was founded 30 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry-and the company-has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world's best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favorites like Battlefield, Mass Effect, Real Racing, Plants vs. Zombies, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world's most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fueled by our talented staff at locations across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
The Competitive Gaming Entertainment (CGE) Senior Manager, CGE Readiness will work closely with cross-functional service partners across EA's development studios and central tech teams to ensure the successful execution of CGE's competitive gaming events. This person will be responsible for proactively driving and planning end-to-end readiness for all CGE events. In addition, this person will be responsible for helping to evolve the CGE readiness operating model as EA continues to deliver is roadmap of events.
This person will work closely with the CGE Commissioner and cross-functional service partners to ensure a comprehensive event plan is created, actively managed, and updated to meet the event KPIs defined by CGE leadership. This person must be able to successfully and gracefully manage shifting and/or conflicting priorities and ongoing changes with a can-do, service-oriented attitude.
As a member of the CGE Operations team, this person will identify and help drive cross-organization initiatives against our top CGE priorities, including analysis, recommendations and best practices relating to our planning process as well as operational performance improvement.
- Plan and drive a full program of events in partnership with the Franchise Commissioners and key stakeholders
- Be the leader and gatekeeper of the program's readiness process ensuring effective and high quality results
- Apply program management best practices to lead cross-functional teams to on time and to quality execution
- Identify, assess and escalate risks and blockers, thoroughly formulating mitigation and contingency plans to help resolve issues
- Continuously assess, grow and scale CGE's Readiness framework to adapt to the dynamic needs of the organization
- Track and measure both strategic KPIs as well as operational success metrics
- Act as leader to the program's cross-functional team, liaising with all parties, enabling
- Ensure single source of truth for the program, with objective data-driven analysis
- Conduct regular retrospectives, sharing findings and formulating follow up on actions for a continuous improvement loop
- Regularly share operational learnings with the rest of the CGE Ops team
- Partner with Director of Central ops to own and drive additional CGE Central Ops initiatives
- Think Players First: Approach every CGE readiness engagement and opportunity from EA's player perspective and how potential issues may impact their experience
- Be Service-Oriented: At the end of the day, we lead by example and are only as good as our last live event. Treat every Commissioner and cross-functional partner as an extension of yourself; provide the highest level of leadership and service at every opportunity
- Be Collaborative: Collaborate with Leadership, Studio, and Servicer Partner leads to find optimal solutions which mitigate risks and help to ensure a successful live event
- Drive cross-functional efforts: Coordinate and drive cross-functional initiatives, proactively identifying dependencies, and driving issues to resolution. Develop and drive change programs to address complicated cross team issues.
- Improve Efficiency: Consistently look for opportunities to improve how we work. When possible, review our current efforts to identify possible cost, efficiency & performance improvements.
- Focus on Performance Measurement & Optimization: Work closely with CGE Leadership and Commissioners to establish event KPIs, track ongoing performance, drive continuous optimization and communicate results/insights to partners and leadership
- Educate on EA Standards: Establish Live Service standards and best practices based on live event retrospectives and learnings. Share and educate these standards across EA.
- Have Fun!: Enjoy what you do and let it reflect in your everyday interactions. Remember, we get to make video games for a living!
Required Work Experience and Skills:
- Education: Bachelor's degree with a focus on business or management.
- Thorough understanding of project/program management methodologies, excellent client service and project management skills (e.g. managing to timelines & budgets, setting expectations, sharing knowledge, etc.).
- 5-7 years at mid level management leading cross-functional teams
- Proven problem solving ability and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Flexible and agile: Able to multi-task, adapt quickly and be effective in new situations
- Self-Starter: Independent and motivated. Can act upon opportunities and issues accordingly
- Thrives in building, maintaining, and encouraging successful relationships between content and solution providers
- Passion for gaming and/or event production, experience in the industry is a plus
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site