Junior Software Engineer
New York, NY
The NBC News Digital Coordinator assists the New York City-based product, tech and design teams with coordination and communication for ongoing and special projects. The coordinator's primary goal is to handle administrative tasks that enable team members to focus on key projects, meet deadlines, be productive, and feel informed.
The Coordinator position is a terrific opportunity to get insight into the creation of digital products at NBC News Digital, including NBC News, MSNBC, and TODAY.
The coordinator will learn - and constantly help to improve - the processes for creating excellent digital products.
What you will do:
- Schedule repeated and one-time meetings for the digital product, design and tech teams; confirm that all the necessary attendees are invited and that conference rooms are booked/confirmed - and send meeting reminders
- Schedule cross-team meetings with editorial, marketing and other groups
- Confirm that meeting rooms are prepared correctly for presentations (AV, room scheduling, teleconferencing tools)
- Coordinate management and setup of accounts for digital tools, and help troubleshoot problems
- Ensure that team members have the office supplies they need
- Coordinate with the facilities staff to solve any problems with the office space
- Help plan, schedule, and order supplies for special team events
- Communicate agendas for meetings
- Capture action items from meetings, share follow-up information, and distribute presentations
- Help distribute high-level roadmaps, progress reports, and project calendars with stakeholders
- Help maintain release documentation, and share launch messaging
- Work with HR to onboard new hires and make sure they get access and training
- Help set a positive, inclusive tone in the office
- Coordinate morale events for the teams, including team outings and on-site events
- Help to ensure that snacks and other morale-boosting benefits are provided to the teams
- Keep close tabs on budget for morale events and other perks and complete expense reports in a timely manor
What you will bring:
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to perform well and meet deadlines under pressure.
- You communicate clearly and concisely in writing and verbally
- You are flexible, resilient, and a great team player in a fast changing environment
- You are a forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- You have strong computer skills and expert knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs
- You are naturally energetic, and enthusiastic with an engaging interpersonal style
- 1+ years experience working with digital products, design, engineering oreditorial
- Bachelor's degree
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site