News Production Assistant
Washington, DC US
Sr. Business Coordinator
• Provide a full range of business and administrative support to the client group, show anchor and executive producers including, but not limited to arrange travel, maintain Outlook calendar, schedule meetings, prepare expense reports, answer and screen calls, manage vendor setup and relationships and process invoices.
• Individual must be pro-active and able to prioritize while handling a demanding, ever-changing calendar of the show anchor and several Executives.
• High level of confidentiality required.
• Senior Business Coordinator will also provide a full range of administrative support to the staff including, but not limited to assist with expense report processing and approval and on-boarding and training new employees on company systems.
• Individual must be pro-active and able to prioritize while handling ever-changing demands.
• This individual must be able to effectively coordinate schedules, project coordination and other business needs.
• Candidate must be able to work with high profile talent with ease.
• The Senior Business Coordinator is the administrative point of contact for the department handling all Time and Labor, reviewing/ tracking non-exempt OT, and maintaining vacation schedules.
• Must be able to work well independently as well as part of the Business Administration team.
• Business Bachelor's degree preferred.
• News experience desirable.
• Five years of strong administrative support experience preferred.
• Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite) a must.
• Ability to quickly learn and adapt to computer systems and change.
• This position represents the broadcast and CNN staff, interacting with department employees, senior management, other Bureaus and Corporate, high profile talent and political figures, as well as numerous internal and external clients which requires a high level of diplomacy, discretion, and confidentiality.
• Excellent communication (both verbal and written) skills are required.
• Must be extremely organized and work efficiently in high-stress environments.
• Must work proactively and be self-motivated.
• Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and able to manage many projects/tasks at once with ease and poise.
• Must understand the needs of a 24x7 environment and be reachable by email and mobile phone.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands