Software Engineer II (Quality Verification)
EA's Quality Verification team is looking for a Software Engineer to join the mobile game automation group here at our new studio in downtown Seattle. Join us for an opportunity to help release fun, internationally recognized titles such as Plants vs Zombies, Bejeweled, and more!
You will be a part of a game development team that aims to always use creative thinking in quality and design through automation and tools. Applying technologies and experiences from EA's automation ecosystem, your mission will be to promote machine learning and risk-based testing techniques into our automation practices. You also will write tools which directly support development efforts to produce and ship our games, and advocate for best practices through tools and process.
Do you have programming skills? Can you work on all portions of a stack? We are looking for a personality type that is dynamic, enthusiastic and able to network across multiple groups and individuals in both the development and quality assurance domains to develop excellent relationships and communications channels.
Join a team where you make a difference to our games every day and are challenged and supported to grow and evolve as an engineer! Check out these videos to see who we are and what you will do:
Scope and Impact:
In this role your responsibilities would include:
• Ownership and maintenance of studio automation systems, tooling, and processes.
• Design new tooling to support development and QA goals.
• Instrument and tool the product to promote test automation and the collection of runtime metrics.
• Coordination with offsite teams on delivering test automation results, from implementation to execution.
• Maintain test automation scripts and studio device testing hardware.
• 4+ years professional experience in C# or C++ development.
• 2+ years professional experience developing GUI tools, and knowledge of relevant frameworks (Qt, WPF, Xamarin) OR experience creating web interfaces (TypeScript, AngularJS).
• Full stack web development experience highly preferred (ASP.NET, php, or Flask).
• Experience with software testing best practices and patterns.
• Experience participating in all aspects of Scrum: planning, daily engagement, and retrospectives.
• A love for making and playing games, and passion for quality in everything we do.
• Experience profiling software, and understanding of key indicators which contribute to performant software.
• Experience with iOS and Android software development (or PS4/Xbox console equivalent).
• Experience with Jenkins or other CI system.
• Experience with containerized deployment systems such as Docker.
• Experience with Unity 3D engine.