Quality Assurance Software Developer
WB Games Montreal, a division on WB Games Inc., seeks a Production Coordinator to work with a game development team on a major new project. Production Coordinators are responsible for supporting the Production department with a variety of coordination tasks including maintaining project plans, and documentation, tracking deliverables, and follow-up. For this particular position, we are looking for someone with a background in (or a strong inclination toward) technical matters.
• Work with development team to understand artistic, technical and design requirements, and the established development pipeline.
• Work with a variety of outsourcing partners to ensure fast propagation of critical information, track dependencies and help solve blockers.
• Assist the team's management with facilitating the planning, structure, and coordination of the team's production processes and ensure that established processes are followed.
• Coordinate execution and create all production-related documents including floor plans & seating organization, outsourcing, playtests, special features, as assigned.
• Actively monitor dependencies/bottlenecks within the team and work with the team's management to resolve.
• Assist the team's management in keeping the team's project organization tools up to date (project organization flowcharts, scrum boards, timelines, etc.)
• Organize and run scrum meetings and other regular team check in
• Provide clear reporting with internal and external groups as required.
• Be forward looking, communicate and work with the appropriate people to resolve any impediments for the team.
• Analyze and communicate team progress, achievement and velocity. Flag areas where results weren't delivered and suggest mitigation.
• Responsible for putting together documentation packages required for milestone deliveries and for the approval & certification processes with first parties.
• Update team's project management documents with developments and changes in priorities and objectives.
• Act as note taker for assigned meetings associated with the Production and make sure they are communicated to all relevant members of the team
• Support the team in using the best practice methodologies and ensure that the status is constantly up-to-date and reflects reality of the team.
• Assist the team's management planning based on the priorities set by the Milestone Planning process.
• Provide clear and constructive feedback about team members performance during quarterly review process
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
• 2+ years working in software development, or equivalent experience, in a coordination or team support role.
• Experience in the game development or related industry preferred.
• Strong writing, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of various project management techniques required.
• Results oriented with sense of prioritization. Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
• Ability to be flexible and responsive in a frequently changing work environment.
• Proactive with excellent problem-solving skills.
• Proficiency with Jira, Microsoft Office.
• Good knowledge of Perforce and Confluence a clear plus.
• An understanding of both console and PC development preferred.
• Passion for games.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• Associate's degree or better preferred, or equivalent relevant experience
• Scrum master certification a clear plus
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.