Theatrical Dubbing Director
London, EN GB
This newly-created role will facilitate foreign language subtitling activity to service Theatrical, Airlines, Home Entertainment, Television, Network and Online markets. Reporting to the Senior Manager, CMDG, the role supports global management in the continual development of policies, procedures, workflows and performance standards to maintain the timely delivery of the highest quality subtitles in constantly-changing production schedules. Established production workflows and technical specifications must be adhered to, while researching and developing new technologies and systems to enable the group to maintain its position at the forefront of the globally-interconnected localization world. The role is London-based, but will have company touch-points far beyond that, particularly with the Los Angeles office.
THEATRICAL SUBTITLE MANAGEMENT – 30%
• Main point of contact for subtitle territories (EMEA) regarding assigned translator confirmations and the subtitle/dub status requirements at the online subtitle translation planning stage.
• Provision of translator details, XML deadlines, picture material, spotting lists & any creative notes to subtitle vendor for online subtitle project set-ups
• Overseeing the delivery of the XML files from subtitle vendor to DCP vendor
• Shared upkeep of DCP mastering planning report by entering translator details and XML deadlines
NON-THEATRICAL SUBTITLE MANAGEMENT (CREATION) - 40%
• Creation of subtitle files for New Release Features.
• Creation of subtitle files for Catalogue Features.
• Creation of subtitle files for Physical (TV Show Box Sets).
• Provision of deadlines, picture material, spotting lists & any creative notes to subtitle vendor for above.
NON-THEATRICAL SUBTITLE MANAGEMENT (REFORMATTING) - 20%
• Reformatting of theatrical subtitle files for non-theatrical use.
• Provision of deadlines, picture material, spotting lists & any creative notes to reformatting vendor.
• Overseeing the delivery of the reformatted files from the reformatting vendor to the mastering vendor (where different)
OTHER – 10%
• Raise Purchase Orders.
• Subtitling practices for Theatrical, Home Entertainment, Television and VOD platforms.
• Online subtitling tools.
• General knowledge of localization (dub, sub, graphics and censorship).
• Key International subtitling personnel. Successful applicant will have an existing network of international technical, creative and operational subtitling contacts.
• Legacy, current and future subtitling technology an essential requirement.
• Subtitle formatting requirements for all major online platforms.
• Post-production for picture and audio.
• Picture and audio formats.
• Digital file transfer methods.
• Cloud-based workflows.
• A.I. translation tools an essential requirement.
• Security protocols.
• Written and verbal communications.
• Administrative organisation.
• Microsoft Office suite.
• Specific subtitling tools a definite advantage.
• A second language is an advantage but not essential, if you have additional language capabilities please list this on your CV when submitting.
• Maintain positive relationships with internal/external clients and vendors across different cultures and nationalities.
• Manage and motivate a team.
• Demonstrate adaptability and initiative.
• Make decisions with limited supervisor input.
• Be flexible with communication across timezones.
• Successfully manage deadlines.
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site