Business Intelligence Engineer - EA Digital Platform
Seattle, WA US
We're EA - we've been making games for decades and have learned enough to earn our rank as a leading developer, publisher and distributor of the world's best games. Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA) is an 8,000-people strong, worldwide organization focused on building the world's best digital playground. Whether you're plotting a course for SpyMouse on your mobile or your palms are sweaty from clutching your controller during intense games of FIFA 13, chances are you've played an EA game. In an industry that's changing every day - whether it's through new social channels, advancing technology, new audiences or unique opportunities for monetization - EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play.
As EA's first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that deliver seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and mass-casual gamers worldwide, EA Mobile delivers engaging, accessible, high-quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
EA is the world leader in mobile gaming with a portfolio of mobile hits including FIFA, The Simpsons: Tapped Out, Real Racing, The Sims, Plants VS Zombies, Scrabble, Monopoly, and Bejeweled Blitz. The mobile gaming market continues to grow exponentially year over year and EA's portfolio of world-class brands, access to external IP, and ability to create original hits puts the company in a unique position to increase this leadership position. Critical to this growth is EA's ability to maintain our massive engaged audience and to successfully migrate these players to new games as they launch into the marketplace.
The Hyderabad office represents one of EA Mobile's largest development organizations with more than 700 passionate mobile game experts involved in game development, testing, production and distribution.
The QE Technical Director will partner with technical leads and studio stakeholders to deliver solutions in the quality domain to improve developer and QA efficiency, predictability, and reduce manual effort across the spectrum of software development. Your primary responsibility is to review and refine requirements with stakeholders, determine priority and project timelines, then manage your development team to develop the necessary designs and delivery plans through execution into adoption. Your primary mission is to deliver software which directly supports development efforts to design, test, and ship our games, as well as advocating for best practices through tools and process.
Our ideal candidate will have well-rounded developer and stakeholder management skills, a solid technology background, and the ability to provide clear vision, mission, and the strategies to execute and deliver on quality engineering solutions. The role requires a personality type that is outgoing, dynamic, enthusiastic and able to network successfully across a large number of groups and individuals in both the development and quality assurance domains. The ideal candidate is able to build and maintain excellent relationships and communications channels, and foster relationships for mutually beneficial engagements.
Join a team where you make a direct impact on our games every day and are challenged and supported to grow and evolve as an engineer! Check out these videos to learn more about who we are and what you will be doing:
• Manage the development plan, schedule, and process for multiple simultaneous projects, including tasks, resources, quality, time, priorities, and costs.
• Acting as a single point of contact for discipline at the project level, including liaising with key partners, i.e. Studio Leadership, Ops, Platform teams.
• Collaborate and manage partnerships with internal technical partners across multiple studios and business units.
• Own people and career development for both leads and individual contributors, and ensuring there is effective leadership for the wider engineering team.
• Review and provide feedback for technical designs presented by the team to audit for quality, scalability, and utility across multiple studios and business units.
• Communicate technical architecture, strategy, details, and status to non-technical stakeholders.
• Manage the team to improve efficiency by identifying bottlenecks and proposing solutions.
• Identify process improvement initiatives that will gain efficiencies, cost or quality that impact multiple teams.
• Work with development teams and internal stakeholders (partner teams, product teams, users, etc) to refine requirements for development.
• Identify and resolve risks to the delivery of quality products
• Share knowledge internally. Apply lessons learned by other teams and align with the broader EA's technology portfolio.
• Define and drive engineering best practices that enable the team to execute on time and quality
• Champion quality and performance. Define uncompromising target metrics and create processes and culture to exceed them.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years in software development/engineering management positions.
• 8+ years in hands-on software development roles.
• Proven track record in the design, develop, scale, and rollout test automation systems.
• Proven track record in gathering and refining use cases and turn them into requirements and designs.
• Proven track record of building high-performance teams and institutionalizing a strong development culture.
• Demonstrated success in leading a team to deliver results through tracking programs and managing risks.
• Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices and processes. Strong understanding of Agile/Scrum and knowing how to connect between the iterative-process and high-level programs and milestones.
• Broad knowledge of and experience with web and mobile game development.
• Strong communication and documentation skills.
• Hands-on experience with mobile game development in a live-service environment.
• Experience with multiple programming languages such as C#, Python, C++, etc.
• Experience with Web Technologies.
• Experience with test automation in CI/CD environment.
• Experience with tools & services development.
• Experience working with an international team spread across multiple locations.